Join now - be part of our community!

PLZ HELP WIFI DEAD NOT WORKING!!!!!

a7med_360
Visitor

PLZ HELP WIFI DEAD NOT WORKING!!!!!

heyyyy ive got this problem with my wifi internet(BTW i am online using ethernet) what happend when i run the Wireless Zero Configuration (Wireless Network Conncection) i receive the following message:
WINDOWS CANNOT CONFIGUE THIS WIRELESS CONNECTION

IF YOU ENABLED ANOTHER PROGRAM TO MANAGE THIS WIRELESS CONNECTION, USE THAT SOFTWARE

IF YOU WANT WINDOWS TO CONFIGURE THIS WIRELESS CONNECTION START THE WIRELESS ZERO CONFIG SERVICE. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE WZC SEE ARTICLE 871122 IN THE M$ KNOWLEDGE BASE.

so far i got it to work for a minute by doing the following

1. Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s, and then click OK.
2. Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration.
3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
4. In the Service status area, click Start, and then click OK.

this works but about a minute later i have to do the same thing again to get it to work! and then so on you see a pattern here? so please help

29 REPLIES 29
a7med_360
Visitor

to use the WZC you need to disable the intel pro wireless software. this is because windows will not let you use WZC while intel pro wireless is running. had a similar problem on a desktop which i tried to make wireless. you seem to know about services so you need to disable intel proset/wireless event log, intel proset/wireless registy service and intel proset/wireless service. do this then reboot your laptop and you should be able to use WZC. let us know if this helps.

and btw its nothing to do with your router or its firmware.

Thanks for that hint but it doesnt work with my laptop it only ended up blocking me using the ethernet cable so i had put it back to automatic and start them bq again(only i hope that was its original state) i tried running the WZC but it didnt work i ran the Sony Wireless Lan starter it said i had to turn on my wifi connection from the little flick button on the laptop but that was because i had disabled it from services.... so im guessing the services wont have much affect if it closes connections virtually because my wifi was on but the application thought it was off.....so any other hint

a7med_360
Visitor

So does anyone know what I can do i cant seem to find a solution on the internet

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Reboot your router.

All my wireless adapters stopped working the other day, so I rebooted the router, and it worked.

a7med_360
Visitor

Ive already rebooted my router even tried another router and that didnt work!

a7med_360
Visitor

One thing i have just realised this usually occurs when the manufacturer adds there own Wireless Config .... so you have to choose either which the WZC or the Manufacturers one i dont mind using the Manufacturers one but sony's one works with wzc it doesnt completely work on its own when scanning it shows the WZC and asks to choose a wireless network from there....so this just got more complicated :slight_frown:

a7med_360
Visitor

Ive done a system restore but that doesnt seem to work........... so im guessing there is no fix for this problem:smileysad:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds like it needs replacing.

a7med_360
Visitor

what do u mean replacing :thinking: im waiting soon for my vista to come you think this will solve it if i format the laptop because the laptop was fine since l8 november till now

dewouhihi
Visitor

maybe 2 simple but is de switch for wireless connection in the right position?

lost my wireless once when i accidentially switched it off .

Gl

Dewouhihi

a7med_360
Visitor

no its on the right position