Join now - be part of our community!

PIONEER DVR-K12D (aka PCGA-DDWGT1)

cmsd
Visitor

PIONEER DVR-K12D (aka PCGA-DDWGT1)

hi community,

recently I'm looking for helping hands in regard to following problem:

GRT816S with PIONEER DVR-K12D
instead of the shipped with OEM Windows XP Home installed Windows XP Pro (full orig vers) and all Windows and regulary updates recommended by Sony through viao-link already done, means v1.10 dvd update for the above DVR-K12D. The update process was successful without any fault message.

Now, my DVD can't read anything on disks furthermore, no blank CD/DVD, no Sony Recovery Disk - only the orig Windows XP Pro is readable currently.

What and how shall I do to solve the problem?

Thanks.

85 REPLIES 85
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

I've used it a few times, and after I deliberately deleted the primary partition on my VAIO (risky), I restored the original image I made hours earlier to the hard disk and it was like nothing had happened to my PC, everything was normal.

It only cost me about £22 inc P+P from Amazon.co.uk and it is recommended by me.:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I have Version 6

cmsd
Visitor

@Kee-lo
@James

Txs, I'll buy somewhere version8 for £30 or less 😉

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

:cool:

cmsd
Visitor

@ Kee-lo
@ James

I did check deeper the area in the "Removable Storage" area today. I wonder to find under the >Removable Storage (local)>Libraries .... twice shown Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K12D!!!

Any thoughts, suggestions on this? Usual 'as is' or wrong configuration in this sector?

By the way, one of them is marked with a red-x, the other one is as normal as shown the Sony MSC-U03 USB Device.

Additionally I can't understand why under two different ASPICHK programs I get different messages back.
The stand alone aspichk says: ASPI is properly installed and fully operational. A total of -3- host adapters have been dedected.
The aspichk packed in the v4.60.zip says: ASPI is properly installed and fully operational. A total of -2- host adapters have been dedected.

How possible?

Thanks for response.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Strange that it shows up twice, now which one to remove?

As for the ASPI check, the newer version uses less host adapters.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Can you do something immensely helpful for me, open the libraries part of Removable Storage and tell me what devices are there.

Mine states:
MemoryStick or MemoryStickPro Device
QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U

There should be one hardware reference here. If there are two, delete BOTH, then restart your computer.

cmsd
Visitor

@Kee-lo

Right, strange as I checked my notebook for a second :smileygrin: dvd drive ....... there is just one only.

As for the ASPI happy to read Recovery under v4.60 and burning DVD's/CD's right now. But it seems there is something else that does not fit soemwhere on the machine as explorer shows me details on any CD inserted, but no information on any DVD. Serious the drive dedect any of DVD inserted, which can be read and written.

Which one to delete is a good question at all. I guess to follow the thoughts of

@James

in deleting both and restarting the machine to see what happens - I'll update here within the next hours today.

By the way, official answer of Sony eSupport has received as well as:

"You actually more seem to suffer from a software issue. Please note that Windows XP does not natively support dvd writing, this is why we supplied bundled dvd writing software. Though those softwares will only run on the preinstalled operating system. We can only suggest you to check for third-party dvd writing software which will help you in writing to dvd discs. "

My question now, which 'third party dvd writing software' I shall use?

Thanks to you both helping me through my problem.

cmsd
Visitor

Can you do something immensely helpful for me, open the libraries part of Removable Storage and tell me what devices are there.

Mine states:
MemoryStick or MemoryStickPro Device
QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U

There should be one hardware reference here. If there are two, delete BOTH, then restart your computer.

In reply to your question, mine state as I said as follows:

Removeable Storage (local)
...(Folder) Libraries
......(Drive Icon) Sony MSC-U03 USB Device
......(Drive Icon with 'x') IOMEGA Click! 40 CZ
......(Drive Icon with 'x') PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K12D
......(Drive Icon) PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K12D

Anything else you require in this manner?

Which one or both I should DELETE?

Funny at all too, under

Computer Management (local)
- Storage
- - Removable Storage
- - - Libraries
...(Folder) Libraries
......(Drive Icon) Sony MSC-U03 USB Device
......(Drive Icon) PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K12D

What is wrong with my machine???

:cry: :cry:

cmsd
Visitor

Additionally that helps on information ....

My CONFIG.SYS says:

DEVICE=C:\PIONEER\ATAPI_CD.SYS /D:MSCD001
LASTDRIVE=Z

Is this correct? DVD drive is E: actually.

-------------------

My AUTOEXEC.BAT says:

C:\PIONEER\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD001

Is this correct?

-------------------

My BOOT. says:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

Is this correct?

-------------------

My NTDEDECT is blank, means nothing written in.

-------------------