Join now - be part of our community!

SRX51P interriupts regularily after a couple of minutes and proceeds etc.

mfcarlsohn
Visitor

SRX51P interriupts regularily after a couple of minutes and proceeds etc.

Dear colleagues,

is there somebody who has an idea what to do:

My SRX51P (Windows XP Professional SP2) works in principle but is every some few minutes interrupted by inactivity for a couple of seconds and then it proceeds and again and again what make it impossible to use it for presentations.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Matthias

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

It would seem that your computer has an unruly program running comsuming unused CPU time slowing the computer down.

The first diagnostic check is to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the task manager and pay close attention to tasks using 100% of the CPU time (or another number higher than about 16%).

Such tasks like WinAMP do this when progressively decoding something like for instance when an MP3 music file is decoded, for a split second during inactive moments the CPU use will rise causing sluggish behaviour of the laptop.

You can also try changing the Power Profile to the Always On mode which forces the CPU to run in "fast" mode all the time.

To do this:

1. Click Start > Control Panel
2. Click Performance and Maintenance > Power Options
3. Click the Power Schemes tab then click ALWAYS ON from the drop down box.
4. Click OK

Its also worth checking your start menu (Startup group) and running antiviral and spyware scans to be on the safe side.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Spybot Search And Destroy is highly recomended if it's spyware.
You can get it from safer-networking.com

carthorian
Visitor

Spybot Search And Destroy is highly recomended if it's spyware.
You can get it from safer-networking.com

I find these type of programs eating more memory then they profit. Never had spyware or virusses on my pc though, it's all about knowing what you are watching.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

True, you have to be very careful these days and don't download just anything