Join now - be part of our community!

PIONEER DVR-K12D (aka PCGA-DDWGT1)

cmsd
Visitor

PIONEER DVR-K12D (aka PCGA-DDWGT1)

hi community,

recently I'm looking for helping hands in regard to following problem:

GRT816S with PIONEER DVR-K12D
instead of the shipped with OEM Windows XP Home installed Windows XP Pro (full orig vers) and all Windows and regulary updates recommended by Sony through viao-link already done, means v1.10 dvd update for the above DVR-K12D. The update process was successful without any fault message.

Now, my DVD can't read anything on disks furthermore, no blank CD/DVD, no Sony Recovery Disk - only the orig Windows XP Pro is readable currently.

What and how shall I do to solve the problem?

Thanks.

85 REPLIES 85
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Nope, thats all I need at the moment.
Maybe you should reinstall SP2

cmsd
Visitor

Makes it sense to re-install SP2 package?

cmsd
Visitor

Do you held a direct link for this? If yes, please let me know, thanks.

kee-lo_

cmsd
Visitor

Oops, a lot as I can see, isn't?

Would it be enough to uninstall the SP2 as described and then re-install over the automatic update? Would the automatic Microsoft update system work?

Otherwise I have to go to the scratch and operating with the WXPP orig CD?

Your thoughts on this?

kee-lo_

Yes, it would reapear on the Windows Update site.

cmsd
Visitor

Just asking one's more again to make sure I'm on the right way and I did understand you correct, before I'm starting my work on this ... following to these three steps as below:

Use the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel
1.Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
2.Click to select the Show Updates check box.
3.Click Windows XP Service Pack 2, and then click Remove.
4.Follow the instructions on the screen to remove Windows XP SP2.
5.Perform a system restore to return the system to a point before Windows XP SP2 was installed.

Note See "Use the System Restore process" in this section.
6.Click Start, click Run, type sfc /scannow, and then click OK. This will return the file system to the order that it had before you installed Windows XP SP2.
Use the hidden $NtServicePackUninstall$ folder
1.Click Start, click Run, type c:\windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\spuninst.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
2.When the Windows XP Service Pack 2 Removal Wizard starts, click Next.
3.Follow the instructions on the screen to remove Windows XP SP2.
Use the System Restore process
1.Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
2.Click Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click Next.
3.Click the date that you installed Windows XP SP2, and then click Installed Window XP Service Pack 2 in the Restore Point box.
4.Click Next, and then follow the instructions on the screen to remove Windows XP SP2.

This would be enough in doing and after finishing these steps, re-connecting to the Microsoft update webpages, the missing files of SP2 will be recognised automaticially. Re-installing as usual process of the SP2 package will start, correct?

Please let me know, thanks.

kee-lo_

If they are the steps Microsoft advise to use then I would follow them, as they have been checked throughly before being published.

That solution should work without issues.

cmsd
Visitor

Yes Sir, already half done and under process. I'll update you by tomorrow and let you know here what has been or not and others.

Thanks for your helping hands up to now - I much appreciated.

Cheers

cmsd
Visitor

Hello, I'm back after a lot on work over the last night.

I'd uninstall the WXPP SP2, re-installed over the Microsoft Update Pages, re-installed all drivers which have been gone whilst SP2 uninstall proceeding, i.e. Sony Products, FireWall and SpyWare and others.

Conclusion: Everything as before. CD yes, DVD no.

Anything else now I can do?