Join now - be part of our community!

performed a vaio update and now wireless won't work

profile.country.en_GB.title
apjones1987
Visitor

performed a vaio update and now wireless won't work

As stated I performed a vaio update on my VGN-NW20SF/P laptop and now I can not connect to the internet. It keeps telling me turn on my wireless but it is on. It seems to have installed Intel ProSet/Wireless Tool onto my computer and MobileMe. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem or not. I am a complete technophobe so have no idea what to do, but to make it worse I purchased my laptop from PC World who are terrible and don't really want to take it to them to sort it. Help would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
CYgecko
Visitor

I don't about fixing the wireless problem, but you can reset the computer to how it was before the Vaio update using "system restore". 

Press the windows button on the keyboard, then type "system restore".  The system restore application should be listed - click on it.  It'll take a a few moments to come up with a suggested restore point - that's a data and time to go back to, the Description tells you why it was done.  You may need to select an older point in time by selecting 'choose a different restore point'.

Be very careful if you do this - if you go too far back in time, you may lose some other updates or recently-added software.