Join now - be part of our community!

Over temperature of core

profile.country.en_GB.title
rakeshkoo27
Visitor

Over temperature of core

Hello friends, recently I am encountering some abnormalities in my laptop. Well my laptop model is E series VPCEH25EN, and its 10 months old.

Recently I have noticed that my heat sink fan is running at a more speed,I concluded this from the buzzing and humming sound. The fan runs almost continuously in that high speed mode. This problem is even more recognizable when I run it for long time non stop like 4-5 hrs or more. For the fan running at higher rpm,I decided to check the core temperature.

I downloaded Coretemp and found that my core temp during normal operation like browsing,or watching video or at idle time remains in between 45-51 C near the start time. Then after some time if I go on continuously doing work with some activities, it rises to 60-65 C easily and sometimes reaches maximum of 72-73 C.So the fan speed increases more, and the humming sound becomes irritating.

I also observed that when I play games like CounterStrike Source,it easily reaches 80-83 C. Although its not a high end gaming device. Still isn't the temp a bit high??

And the fan is continuously running all the time with its annoying sound.

Is this a kind of problem?? or I am just being over cautious?? I also want to know the range of core temperature it should operate during normal work such as browsing, and also during idle time. Please throw some idea about it. I am being really tensed about it.

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0