Join now - be part of our community!

Opening Yahoo Messenger/Google Earth etc.

profile.country.en_GB.title
rialavo
Visitor

Opening Yahoo Messenger/Google Earth etc.

Have bought the Vaio TX2 series and am just setting it up. Having problems opening Yahoo Messenger/Google Earth etc. Is there some sort of block to do this? Have checked all the Settings I can think of? Any ideas? It tries to connect and then just freezes up ... help? Cheers guys & girls, Richie ....
richiea1@aol.com

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi richiea1,

You don't say how you connect to the Internet.

Have you checked that the MTU in your modem/router is set to 1400?

:thinking:

rialavo
Visitor

hi matey, am using aol boradband internet connection and have no probs with other laptops on same network.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

As far as Google Earth is concerned it may be that your graphics chip does not like the default OpenGL version, but will work better with DirectX (choose Start > Programs > Google Earth > Start Google Earth in DirectX).

I am not sure about the Messenger problem, which version are you running? If 7.5 try the following:
1.Go to http://clientconfig.passport.net/ppcrlconfig.bin
2.Download ppcrlconfig.bin
3.Rename it to ppcrlconfig.dll
4.Drop it in C:Documents and Settings[Windows USER]\Application Data\Microsoft\IdentityCRL
5.Attempt to sign in again.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
rialavo
Visitor

Tried all those tips matey but still cannot get it to log in either Google Earth or Yahoo Mess. Could it be cookie related? Am using laptop on another Internet connection away from home. It's something in the Settings it was delivered with. Grrrrr!!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have you eliminated your firewall as a possible cause?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
rialavo
Visitor

Rich, I can't believe I didn't think of that one! I disabled Norton and it all works perfectly. So will tweel their settings and it should be A-ok. Thanks a million for the tip and will be try and loose my blondness next time before asking. Cheers matey.
Rich

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

No problem Rich, pleased to hear that you have found the cause and happy tweeking:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat