Join now - be part of our community!

Need to get driver for DVD in VGN-NR38E after win7 upgrade

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
robbie.sony
Visitor

Need to get driver for DVD in VGN-NR38E after win7 upgrade

Hi. Sorry for reposting this, but it seems like a simple question, yet i haven't had even one reply! Surely someone out there has experienced this before?? Any help please?

In addition, my dvd drive is a MATSHITA UJ870QJ.

I have upgraded my VGN-NR38E laptop to windows 7. I re-installed most of the drivers, and I installed the Event Service, Shared Libraries etc. to get my FN buttons working again.

However now I need to update the driver for my DVD writer. On the support page, there is a driver update "SuperMulti Drive Firmware AD-7560A - DS06". However, when I try to install this, it says I don't have a compatible drive! Do I need to install an earlier driver first? If so, where can I get it?

Message was edited by: robbie.sony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The drivers for your disc drive are supplied as part of Microsoft Windows and will be provided automatically by Windows 7.

You do not have a AD-7560A disc drive so it is not unsurprising that the firmware update will not install.  Your model can be fitted with a few different drives.

There is no update for your Matshita drive so you do not need to do anything.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The drivers for your disc drive are supplied as part of Microsoft Windows and will be provided automatically by Windows 7.

You do not have a AD-7560A disc drive so it is not unsurprising that the firmware update will not install.  Your model can be fitted with a few different drives.

There is no update for your Matshita drive so you do not need to do anything.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_IE.title
robbie.sony
Visitor

Thanks for the reply! I think I know what happened.... A couple of years ago I was advised to use a AD-7560A update by sony support for an issue i was having. As far as I remember, the update worked, but it didn't fix the problem - so I sent the latop to them to get repaired. I guess they replaced the drive with the MASHITA one - and i'm only noticing it on the upgrade.

Thanks again!