Join now - be part of our community!

Need Downgrade drivers for VGN-N31S/W

uzzie
Visitor

Need Downgrade drivers for VGN-N31S/W

I AM FED UP WITH VISTA, SO ATLAST I DOWNGRADED TO XP ON MY SONY VAIO VGN-N31S/W , HOWEVER NOW I FOUND OUT I NEED XP COMPATIBLE DRIVERS, CAN SOME ONE PLEASE FIND ME SOME?
i completely wiped the laptop, deleted partition

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi uzzie and welcome to Club Vaio.

Unfortunately Sony do not support XP on your model - so there are no dedicated XP Drivers available.

However, all is not lost - the VGN-N11S has a similar specification to your model (you just have a faster processor) so the Original XP Drivers and the Original XP Utilities should work OK with your VGN-N31S.

Download the Original Drivers Package and the Original Utilities Package from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-N&m=2392

:wink:

uzzie
Visitor

THANK F..K FOR THAT< OMG THANK U VERY MUCH, I WAS SERIOUSLY GNNA GO MAD AND GRAB THIS LAPTOP AND BREAK IT WITH THE WORST METHODS POSSIBLE LOL

uzzie
Visitor

i need help again

even after i downloaded the drivers for the N11s/w i still have 4 drivers missing.....

1. Ethernet Controller
2. Ethernet Controller
3. Mass Storage Controller
4. Pci Device

Can some one tell me how to get these

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will have to install the drivers for these via Device Manager. I assume you have unpacked the N1_drivers.ZIP file by right-clicking on it and choosing "Extract All".

In Device Manager, right-click on the Unknown Device and choose 'Update Driver'. Choose 'No' to a search for the driver and choose to install it manually. It is something like 'I will choose a driver to install'. Say you have the disc and browse to: -

ETHERNET
C:\Drivers\Network\yk51x86.inf (This will install the Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller)
MASS STORAGE
C:\Drivers\Flashmedia\TI21SONY.INF (This will install the Texas Instruments memory card controller)
Not sure what the PCI device is - do you have sound? If not go to C:\Drivers\Audio\UAA High Definition Audio Driver\KB835221.EXE and run the .exe file by double-clicking on it.
Then install the audio driver by running C:\Drivers\Audio\Setup.EXE

:wink: