Join now - be part of our community!

movie DVD DW D56A PROBLEMS

irishpureblood
Visitor

movie DVD DW D56A PROBLEMS

hi got .FS -VGN- FS115M ...DVD DW D56A .I have my laptop for 4 months and it worked fine at the start......over the last couple months it been having problems like playing some dvd movies but now it wont play any dvd moives .it just doesnt see my dvd in the drive it start up but nothing happens ..i watch them before on it and even new one wont play install new dvd software..play a couple of time ,LAST MONTH now wont play at all....it reads dvd data and cd and burns ok but wont play any moives now .......uninstall all my programs i photoshop ect........still didnt work did a complete system restore ....update all the drivers ...stilll dam wont work...would clean the head make any diffrents..cant see that wotking as it see dvd data disc/////// i heard there alot of problems with the dw d56a...so if i sen it back will they put the same model back in........or should i just buy a laptop dvd player and put it in my self

just give up smoking thinking about starting again ...thanks sony.....should i just send it back

16 REPLIES 16
irishpureblood
Visitor

thanks i called them, there picking it up on monday

irishpureblood
Visitor

it took them 3 days to fix it and have it back to me ......working perfect now ...thanks

Hi Dave,

Where is Sony Support Centre in UK? Also, what documents do they ask for? Even I am unable to read any DVDs.

Regards,
Narendra

Man I wouldnt fancy taking apart my A217M for anything....

Well for anybody out there having problems with the DW-D56A in their Vaio, I had the same problem a month or two ago and Sony Support replaced the drive with a "v2" D56A (which leads me to believe its a fixed version of the drive). Since then, absolutely no problems with the drive; records and reads DVD fine. None of those dodgy "stalling" noises that I used to get near the end of a DVD.

So, if you do have problems with your current DVD drive, then a replacement from Sony Support should be a good solution. Still, would be interested in doing an upgrade myself in a year or so to a better performance drive (if a walkthrough or something was available, of course. Wouldn't try it on my own).

Slan lads

Dave

irishpureblood
Visitor

they dont ask for any thing they just come with a box and put it in ...they had sent mine to france thats where most laptops go ... ithink...i ask tech would they replace the drive with some thing else thay said no//// same brand ....

zina
Visitor

i have the same drive and its for repair now,didnt they replace yours or did they just fix it?

irishpureblood
Visitor

they put a new one in,, the same brand

zina
Visitor

hopefully not the same model!