Join now - be part of our community!

little question from beginner

necropost
Visitor

little question from beginner

hi !!! i never have been interested in technical things but now i will update my notebook i have vaio pcg fx-202 and i have some questions about it

i will change hard disk and maybe somebody can answer me - can i put to my notebook 60gb disk (will it work with my computer) ???

can i put to my notebook a dvd writer ?? can it make problems for me (bios updates or something else) ???

sorry for my english and thanx for all replies

oskar

9 REPLIES 9
necropost
Visitor

can somebody help me ?? i will make it tommorow please help me , i'm not sure with this hard drive

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Oskar,

The hard disk won't work, only 30GB drives will work with that series.

As for the DVD drive, not sure, you'd probably be best getting the maximum RAM you can fit to it and get and external drive (firewire if possible)

necropost
Visitor

thanx !!!

are you sure with this hard disk ?? how biggest rpm can this drive have ??? can bios update change this situation - 60gb hard drive works on my vaio ???

hmmm external drive it's not practical for me , internal won't work ???

and last question once i found CPU's for notebooks , can i change CPU into my ??? how biggest can i put in ??

greets
ps.
sorry for my english

feederfan
Visitor

You should be able to put a replacment drive in, IDE drives dont use drivers as they have them installed on the drive, they are the easiest component to fit. CPU is hard to fit and very hard to get one that will work, so i would leave that alone, also, if it is an older laptop, the CPU may well be soldered to the motherboard

kee-lo_

The BIOS only supports 30GB for that series.

RPM? Go for 7200 if you can.

An internal 2.5" should be fine.

As for CPU, wouldn't bother.

feederfan
Visitor

As you are a beginner I wouldnt mess with the CPU anyway, its not really a begginers thing! If you do you need to research quite a bit, as there are many socket types and pin configurations, and motherboards will only support certain CPU speeds, also bear in mind that a faster CPU will generate more heat, and your laptop heatsink probably wont cope with it, I wouldnt recommend changing it, purely for the risk of you melting the rest of your laptop!

kee-lo_

As you are a beginner I wouldnt mess with the CPU anyway, its not really a begginers thing!

Good point

feederfan
Visitor

Im obviously a begginner speller:smileygrin: lol!

kee-lo_

:laughing: