Join now - be part of our community!

Is the Display Plus screen on a 15" screen E Series actually NON reflective?

profile.country.GB.title
Jheladeen
New

Is the Display Plus screen on a 15" screen E Series actually NON reflective?

Hi there,

I have recently bought an E Series Vaio VPCEB3X5E from Sony Style (Sony's online store).   What came from Sony 2 days ago was a VPCEB3C5E (model number PCG-71211M) - so I contacted their online support agent (via chat) and was told the difference in VPC number didnt mean anything - ok I can live with that for now.  However I upgraded to the Vaio Display plus HD screen option as I wanted a matte screen and what I have is something that looks like a mirror - so I called Sony Style support line on 020 7365 2947 (I am in UK) and they told me that only the F Series has a matte screen which is the Vaio Display Premium and I could get 5% off to buy it for another £500 ... yeah right ....

Looking on the configuration page of the E Series and the F Series, both screens (Display Plus and Display Premium) are supposed to be non reflective.  My question is - does anyone have a 15" Display Plus screen from the E Series, and if so is it matte?

Thanks

J

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
cutielover
Visitor

Hi,

I have recently configured a sony e-series with the option for vaio display plus screen added. I just received my product and I have the same problem as you, I was told that the display plus screen was a matte one but I'm having a glossy one now! I was searching the internet and I found this page...just wondering how did they resolved your problem in the end? Is it really true that the display plus screen is in fact not a matte one, I'm thinking whether if I have got the wrong screen sent to me...

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Jheladeen
New

Hey,

The screen on the E series (VAIO Display Plus screen) is NOT  a matte screen - it is what technical support at Sony call a low reflective screen ... so it is reflective but supposedly NOT as reflective as a normal screen.  I dont own any non matte screens other than this one so I cant compare to a 'normal' reflective screen.

I could have returned it during the 28 day cooling period that Sony gives with the purchase but didnt since it was a year end present and wouldnt have been able to find something else and get it delivered in time .. so I got stuffed :slight_frown:

Hope the answer helps.

Regards

J