Join now - be part of our community!

internal microphone

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
coppermill
New

internal microphone

I have recently purchased a SVE1711R1E. The spec says it has an internal mic, but I cannot activate it and keep getting prompted to set up an external one. Can anybody help me please?

windows7 installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi coppermill,

First check that there are no audio devices that either have a problem or don’t have the correct drivers installed. Open Control Panel > Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers. Also look for any unknown devices.

If all appears to be OK then right click the speaker icon in the system tray and select Recording Devices. Make sure that Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio) is set as the default device. Then, in the same window, click Properties > General tab and under Device usage make sure the device is enabled. On the Levels tab set the microphone slider to 100%.

The above should hopefully rule out a software problem.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi coppermill,

First check that there are no audio devices that either have a problem or don’t have the correct drivers installed. Open Control Panel > Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers. Also look for any unknown devices.

If all appears to be OK then right click the speaker icon in the system tray and select Recording Devices. Make sure that Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio) is set as the default device. Then, in the same window, click Properties > General tab and under Device usage make sure the device is enabled. On the Levels tab set the microphone slider to 100%.

The above should hopefully rule out a software problem.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
coppermill
New

Hi rich912

Thank you for that .All is now ok after following you instructions.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome coppermill :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat