Join now - be part of our community!

how to disable vaio internet history sharing with other PCs on network

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
krisworley
Visitor

how to disable vaio internet history sharing with other PCs on network

Issue: What ever I browse to on my VIAO on my home LAN the URL's seem to be shared to other PCS on my network most worryingly my work PC!!

Hi if some one could help. I have uninstalled all VAIO programs from my control panel.

But if I go on e.g. www.inappropriate.co.uk on my VAIO and my Internet history has been blanked on my work Dell Laptop. if I go to type in 'i' on my crome browser on my dell laptop www.inappropriate.co.uk will appear in my URL bar even though I have not visited this site on my work laptop.

I have tried this with my Ipad, Iphone etc on the same network and it only seems to be my VAIO thats sharing this info out to the LAN.

HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi krisworley,

Assuming you are using IE try turning off suggestions for the default search provider.

In IE open Tools > Manage add-ons > Search Providers. Click the default search provider (eg Google) and then click ‘Disable Suggestions’.

Next time you start typing in the URL bar nothing should appear apart from the option to turn on suggestions (send keystrokes to Google).

If you are using Firefox then have a look at the following link.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/remove-websites-awesome-bar-suggestions

Hope this helps.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi krisworley,

Assuming you are using IE try turning off suggestions for the default search provider.

In IE open Tools > Manage add-ons > Search Providers. Click the default search provider (eg Google) and then click ‘Disable Suggestions’.

Next time you start typing in the URL bar nothing should appear apart from the option to turn on suggestions (send keystrokes to Google).

If you are using Firefox then have a look at the following link.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/remove-websites-awesome-bar-suggestions

Hope this helps.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat