Join now - be part of our community!

HELP!!! VRU.exe - Entry Point Not Found

profile.country.en_PE.title
Zydeko
Visitor

HELP!!! VRU.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Hello!

I need help here with my notebook [FE-31H] I can't run Recovery Utility. I get this message

VRU.exe - Entry Point Not Found x

(X) The procedure entry point ?GetModelName@ModelInfo@@SAHPADH@Z could
not be located in the dynamic link library ModelInfo.dll.

| OK |

What should I do? I also have found that I don't hace the VCCU installed :thinking:

Thank you

Brian

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Brian,

Are you trying to restore your Vaio..?

If you have not deleted the recovery partition you could try pressing F10 repeatedly when starting you vaio, this normally would start the recovery process.. :slight_smile:

Be sure to back up important data first.. :wink:

Zydeko
Visitor

Sorry to take so long to answer.

I'm no trying to restore my VAIO (I just want to create the recovery kit). I haven't deleted any hidden partition. I was able to access the VRU from startup (pressing F10).

But I still get that message when I try to run it. Is there really no way to reinstall this utility?

Thanks,

Brian

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

But I still get that message when I try to run it. Is there really no way to reinstall this utility?

Not that I'm aware of... :slight_frown:

Zydeko
Visitor

Hello!

I was doing some research about the dynamic link library (DLL) and found out that the requested dll actually is in the VRU Folder. The 'procedure entry point is the thing...I guess replacing the ModelInfo.dll should solve the problem. Anyway, what should I do? I don't think filing a complaint to SONY is the answer unless I've exhausted all options :thinking:

Thank you for your time and consideration :slight_smile: