Join now - be part of our community!

help - fan is very loud

pleibling
Visitor

help - fan is very loud

hello,

i'm very happy, cause i get today my pcg-k315z. but the fan is all the time very loud. i test an pck-k315s (with celeron cpu), this is not so loud.

how can i make my laptop quieter?

thanks for your help ...

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Normally this is not a sign of a problem, in fact it is better it does run loud because it is doing its jib more effectively.

pleibling
Visitor

but its very, very loud! its louder thany my desktop barebone (20 db) and my beamer (28 db).

its since boot very loud. what can i do????

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

It seems that your model suffers from a particularly loud fan. Have a look at this thread to see what has been said recently

Jay1
Visitor

Hi

I just got my PCG K315S and the fan is loud on that as well. I would not recommend to alter the fan speed as this could affect the hardware. Threre are softwares that will monitor you temperature of CPU and HDD and also you might be able to control the fan speed but you should only do this if you are a experiance person with hardware. As this could burn out the CPU or any other parts in the laptop.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Jay's right, leave it be - you could sorten the life of the VAIO

TygerTyger
Visitor

I don't know what it is with Vaios and loud fans I've heard this many times and it seems to be sort of random whether yours is loud or not. I was on the phone yesterday and the person on the other end said 'Hey you got someone on a bike racing around outside again?' and I was like 'No, that's my laptop fan........'

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

LOL Thats happened to me today Tyger - normally it runs ver y quiet, even when the processor is set to run at 2.80GHz, but at times, especially when under stress it runs really quite loud...

Still I'd rather id be loud than have no fan at all - its reassuring if it works!:smileygrin:

Woody27
Visitor

It's all the heat it's trying to disipate from that desktop P4 inside....

....naughty Sony, putting desktop chips in laptops!!

I sometimes thought that my PCG-GRZ151G was going to take off!

The A-series with the Pentium-M chips are much more quiet!
I really think that laptops should be fitted with dedicated chips, they present much less problems... ...I used to get sick and tired of opening up my PCG-GRZ515G every few months to clean out the dust to prevent the P4 from over-heating!

As Jay say's at least you know it's being cooled.... ...that's the main thing!

CW

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I love the low purr of my RA104, and the purr of my GRX, makes me feel they're working.