Join now - be part of our community!

FZ11M Fails to boot

Fivelo
Visitor

FZ11M Fails to boot

Hi Chaps,

I'm fairly certain this will end in having to send my laptop to Sony with a near £500 repair price, but I thought I might see if anyone could shed some light anyway...

Basically, a number of weeks ago I managed to spill beer into the keyboard of my FZ11M, my immediate reaction was to unplug, turn off and remove battery. Upon cleaning it out a bit I put the battery back in but alas - nothing.

I eventually took the whole thing apart, thusly voiding my warranty (oh well...), cleaned it up and hooked it back together again. Now, when I press the power button, the power light goes on (as well as the battery light if not plugged into the mains) but not a lot else - the screen doesn't power up, no cooling fan, no hdd etc...

For completeness: if the charger is plugged in then pressing the power button illuminates the battery light.

Thanks in advance for any advice, consolation etc. :wink:

Adrian

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Adrian,

I’m afraid that this reply is only by way of consolation :slight_frown:

Unfortunately, under the circumstances, there is little that you can do. If the machine is not even accessing the BIOS where any peripheral hardware failures would be reported (if only by beep code) then it would seem that a major component is damaged and possibly a new motherboard is required.

Seems a though you will have to dig deep into your pockets and stay off the beer :wink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat