Join now - be part of our community!

FS315S BLUE SCREENS UNREADABLE CHARACTERS-REBOOT

florina
Visitor

FS315S BLUE SCREENS UNREADABLE CHARACTERS-REBOOT

hello
i have this problem for a long time now ,as i work ,blue screen with chinese looking characters appear ,then automatically computer reboots,then whatever choice i make ,normal,or safe windows start ,ends in rebooting the same way for a few times before it restarts and stays stable for a while,until it decides its time to do it all over again.As for attempts to recover ,from the HDD it ends sometimes with a message that it can not find the recovery file,or it does it half way stops and after manual restart ,gets to the same state ...
or if i recover from the DVDs i created ,same stuff happens ,except that it sometimes finds the application recovery for the ROXIO problematic and it produces several (about 10 messages ) with an error .then the recovery stops.I was told (not by sony)it might be the HDD but it better not be ,as this is suppossed to be a very expensive piece of computer (for me at least) AND I EXPECTED STABILITY So far i am displeased with sony ,i wouldnt dare to suggest to anyone buying a vaio ,so far ,talking also to others negative experience for a high price....
anyways i m in spain now and out of guarantee so to even have it checked according to the sony policy i need to pay a lot....
any on line tools that could check the drive or even all the hardware before i commit to paying 500 euros for nothing?
anyway at present i m using the above mentioned monster(:))and it works ...for today.music?if i even try to open real player there is a possibility 50 per cent i will end up doing a system recovery.as for some dvd s it just wont play them in the first go.i need to reenter the dvd several times.also in burning dvd,s wasnt this laptop supossed to be able to handle double layer dvd ,and record on DVD-R or DVD+R?also RW?
well it says so on the box so.......
anyway running windows xp home as they came with the vaio ,and very very few additional software.(just to exclude any problems from other software ,the behaviour is the same only with the system ,or with some of the applications or even with all the applications.I do not like norton so it gets uninstaled after instalation ,as well as some other useless for me products you included in the "obligatory " system......(media servers etc ,)
So any suggestions?
thanks you and merry xmas .......
george

1 REPLY 1
florina
Visitor

As indicated in an email i received with instructions to take battery and power out ,and keep the power button pressed for 15 seconds,didnt work .
after that i tried to reinstall system from cd s ,but i didnt install any from the aplications before i first uninstalled norton stuff,all of it starting from the internet security center i think ,then the rest.after that i continued installation of applications ,which i removed after completion .at present system is up and running for the last few days with no problem,and with all my software running perfectly.
NAvigational software(cmap ) ,USB modem for internet through a SIM card,usb mouse,and USB GPS,all pefect.as well as the burning Roxio works correctly ,as well as Winamp .
So this seems to have solved it for now.If this was indeed the cause ,Norton is known offender for system resources but this was over the top .....
who knows.
anyway ,hope this helps someone else.
g