Join now - be part of our community!

Freezing issues with VPCEC2SOE

profile.country.en_GB.title
watdafunk
Visitor

Freezing issues with VPCEC2SOE

Having a serious amount of issues with this laptop freezing,the past 6 months it freezes every other day(sumtimes more than a few times a day)..sumtimes it can be random,the screen freezes up,then i leave for 10-15 sec and it works as normal again. But it mainly happens when watching films/videos on the like of youtube,though its never forze watching a film from a dvd! when the freeze occurs when watching a youtube video, the entire screen freezes,but the sound becomes all distorted in slow motion (sounds like a transformer having a bad day).. i use this laptop mainly for  dj'in 1-2 times a week,though its never froze while dj'in!

also,have a probelm on start up,after i logon i get an error,sum to do with - kdbsys/openGL..

think about buying an ssd for this laptop,but i wont bother if the laptops heading for the bin if this prob cant be resolved, so any idea's on how this can be fixed?

Thanks,chris

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Chris,

Can you please check the error message – is it possibly related to kdbsync/OpenCL.dll?

If this is the correct error message, then Google “kdbsync/OpenCL.dll Error” – you will find plenty of hits. Or you could try reinstalling the video drivers or rolling back to the original driver if you have updated.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
watdafunk
Visitor

yes,your rite,my mistake.. its kdbsync.exe /opencl.dll..is this to do with the video drivers? and could it potentialy be the probelm? thanks for the help

Chris

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Chris,

Yes this is to do with Video drivers or Catalyst and can occur if you have carried out a custom install of an updated driver.

From what I understand it is not serious but I don’t claim to know a great deal about this. As suggested, try a Google and you will find suggestions for a fix.

No doubt you will find suggestions to download a DLL to fix this issue – be very careful when downloading any third party DLL as they can contain viruses. I would first try a driver roll back in Device Manager or completely uninstall the existing video driver and then download and install the pre-installed driver.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEC2S0E_WI/updates

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat