Join now - be part of our community!

FE31H notebook sound problem

dangtuongly
Visitor

FE31H notebook sound problem

Hi, I've bought my VGN-FE31H about a month ago and notice problem with my sound device 2 weeks after purchase. It plays the system sound but not any other sounds. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I find this really strange.

When it doesn't work error from media player states that sound device is not found or not function properly.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dangtuongly and welcome to the forum.

This may possibly be connected with the Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver as several members have reported problems with the version provided by Sony.

I suggest that you search for and download the Microsoft KB888111 Driver. You will need to re-install the Sigmatel audio drivers after installing KB888111.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
dangtuongly
Visitor

Hi,
thank you for replying. I'm not very good with computer. Can you tell me step by step on how to resolve this problem?

Many thanx

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dangtuongly,

I was going to suggest that you first try the Sony version of the UAA driver, but looking at the pre-installed drivers download for your model there is no UAA driver included, despite the fact that your model uses the Sigmatel CXD9872 High Definition Audio Codec. I can’t explain this but maybe another member has an explanation. :thinking:

However, Microsoft does provide this driver as KB888111 – a Google will provide a source. Once downloaded, install the driver and then reboot.

After a restart you may possibly have a problem with the graphics controller and you may also be asked for the location of the modem driver (MdmXSdk.dll – or similar). Make sure that you know the location of this file or download the pre-installed drivers, for your model, from Vaio Link which will include this file in the Modem folder.

Once the above has been successfully completed, reboot and install the Audio drivers – again you will find these in the pre-installed drivers download from Vaio Link

Best of luck....

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat