Join now - be part of our community!

Faulty socket to connect power cable ??

Johnnyno8
Visitor

Faulty socket to connect power cable ??

Hi all, Im not really sure im posting on the right page but need some advice please, The problem i have is the socket where the power lead goes into on my vaio vgc-m1 have broke i think Ive had it a few years but had no problems at all till now. Its been making like a fizzing noise like it burning if you know what i mean for over a week now and today its gone completely I tried another power cable from sons computer and it still wont start. The dilemma i have is i dont want to take to the computer shop where i live as he not got a good name and dont want to have sony repair it as it looks very expensive to have repairs done with them, But saying that i rather pay and have it done properly than take to someone who will take parts out and be ripped off, Or maybe its not worth getting it fixed ? Im not sure what to do, Im a novice at computers and no way could i fix it meself, SO How do you tell a good repair shop? Going mad without me computer Any advice much appreciated.
Lisa

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Lisa,

That's a difficult one, if your local repairer has a bad reputation then maybe contacting Vaio-Link for a repair may be a sensible solution..

Or

If your happy to, you could post the area that you live in then hopefully someone may be able to advise you of a reputable repairer that you could use.. :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I agree with Thalamus, if the shop has a bad rep don't bother with them, at least you know Sony have the part and will do is as quick as they can.