Join now - be part of our community!

EC3 Series Dual Hard Drive Ribbon.

profile.country.en_GB.title
ghoule211
Visitor

EC3 Series Dual Hard Drive Ribbon.

Hi All,

I have been in touch with sony support about this although I get the standard you cannot replace the hard drive on a couple of days old laptop response. the case number is Case ID #: 338720 although I think getting the same response twice is not the sony I once knew back in 1998 when I got my first Sony laptop :slight_frown: anyone remember the PCG-735? :slight_smile:

Anyways I have an EC3 series laptop with the caddie to enable dual hard drives however I do not have the ribbon cable that goes with this :slight_frown: I have asked sony if they can supply this although I get the above response.

however I do not want a new hard drisk but meerly to install a second hard disk such as the custom EC3 series are able to. or information as to whether the ebay item below would fit and work with my EC3, as I cant see them designing a whole new ribbon cable (MOX board) for each model of Laptop

EBAY ITEM is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-VAIO-VGN-AR41L-HDD-SATA-CONNECTOR-DOUBLE-/220725060897?pt=UK_Computing_La...

if this is not compatable would one of you guys with the EC3 dual hard Drive connector be able to provide me with the part number and a telephone number of where I can get the ribbon from so that I can add the second hard drive.

Best Regards

S Truswell

0 REPLIES 0