Join now - be part of our community!

Changing XP Home Edition to Pro and keeping pre-installed software

Deen1990
Visitor

Changing XP Home Edition to Pro and keeping pre-installed software

Hi there

Earlyear today I rebooted my W1 to XP Pro and is up and running but the probleam im having is that i cannot install my pre-installed software e.g Giga Pocket, DV Gate and so on.

After I installed XP Pro to my W1 I then insert its orinigal boot disk to install the sony software, but when i click on ''Install All App's'' it says ''VRU.exe Missing''.

I was wondering if someone had any ideas about how I can install my orinigal software.
Any Ideas will be most useful.

From Dean

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you put in the applications DVD into the VAIO when at the desktop it should work

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I think you need to install the pre-installed Sony utilities (download from Vaio Link) before you can re-install the applications.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Exinferis
Visitor

I'm having this problem! I've just done a clean install of XP Pro and can't get any of my apps off my recovery cd, despite re-installing all the Utilities and Drivers.

That said, Rich pointed me in the direction of this: http://myplc.com/sony/sony_apps.htm

Don't know if it'll work yet, but it's worth a try! :wink:

William
Visitor

I'm having this problem! I've just done a clean install of XP Pro and can't get any of my apps off my recovery cd, despite re-installing all the Utilities and Drivers.

That said, Rich pointed me in the direction of this: http://myplc.com/sony/sony_apps.htm

Don't know if it'll work yet, but it's worth a try! :wink:

iT WORKS VERY WELL:smileywink:

Did you really expect to change to XP Pro and then use your original recovery disc? Sony ain't that daft although KCAP.EXE solves all :smileygrin:

Exinferis
Visitor

You see that's the thing isn't it?! I mean, you go out and spend £1500.00 on a desktop and you're forced into using an OS you don't want!

I wanted XP Pro on mine when I got it, but settled for Home becuase it was new and I couldn't be bothered with faffing about installing Pro. Now I've done it, it's such a flamin' hastle! Sony really shouldn't restrict their customers to OS' they don't want. Trouble is, you want the Vaio-Zone software and SonicStage or whatever and can't get the apps (which you've PAID for!) off the damn disc! As Nan would say, "What a f**kin' liberty!!!" Lol!:smileylaugh:

C'mon Sony, does it matter what OS people install? We've paid you, who've paid your developers, so we should be intitled to use the programs on whatever platform we like!

...So there! :tongue: