Join now - be part of our community!

can't find the drivers

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mitrax1
Visitor

can't find the drivers

Hi i have a sony vaio vgn-nr21e upgraded to win7 from vista but it doesn't read my memory stick(pro-hg duo)looked it up in the official site(www.sony.gr/support/el/product/VGN-NR21E_S/updates)but can't find the right drivers looked in both win7 and vista updates.Does anyone know which ones i should downlaod and install?thnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mitrax1 and welcome.

There is no Windows 7 driver listed, so I would try the Original Vista driver.  You will find it on the downloads page on the support website for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-NR21E_S/updates

Click on "Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities" and you will see "Memory Card Reader Writer Driver - 2.0G - 2.0.0.18".  Try installing this if your Windows 7 update is to the 32-bit version.

If you have updated to Windows 7 64-bit edition, you will need to find the correct driver from a newer Vaio Model that was released with 64-bit Windows.  I have not tried it but you can try to install the preinstalled 64-bit drivers from one of the VGN-NW series Vaios.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mitrax1 and welcome.

There is no Windows 7 driver listed, so I would try the Original Vista driver.  You will find it on the downloads page on the support website for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-NR21E_S/updates

Click on "Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities" and you will see "Memory Card Reader Writer Driver - 2.0G - 2.0.0.18".  Try installing this if your Windows 7 update is to the 32-bit version.

If you have updated to Windows 7 64-bit edition, you will need to find the correct driver from a newer Vaio Model that was released with 64-bit Windows.  I have not tried it but you can try to install the preinstalled 64-bit drivers from one of the VGN-NW series Vaios.

:thinking: