Join now - be part of our community!

Built in mouse. Help.

Waqz
Visitor

Built in mouse. Help.

Hi. My mouse that is built it sometimes goes a bit funny. Its got in it scroll and it usually works fine but after a while of using it stops working! Happened a few times on different occasions. Any Help? Thanks in advance.

20 REPLIES 20
Waqz
Visitor

Dont know how to open it. Wouldnt dare incase did something wrong. I dont think it cud have dust. Unless it got in quick. It hapens at odd times.

I understand the instructions apart rom the start. Reinstalling? How? Do i have to unisntall first?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Waqz,

Dont know how to open it. Wouldnt dare incase did something wrong. I dont think it cud have dust. Unless it got in quick. It hapens at odd times.

I think that Akash84 was referring to cleaning the external surface of the touch pad.
I understand the instructions apart rom the start. Reinstalling? How? Do i have to unisntall first?

There is no need to uninstall the driver before updating the driver as per instructions above.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Waqz
Visitor

Yes. I have tried updating. It says no better updates then i have.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes. I have tried updating. It says no better updates then i have.

Have you tried re-installing the mouse driver as per Rich's instructions above ..?

Waqz
Visitor

I dont know how to re-install it? Do i have to download the pre-installed drivers?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If you cannot find the Drivers on you C drive then yes download them from Vaio-Link (follow the Support > Downloads link at the top of this page - you need the Pre-installed Drivers). Then follow the instructions I gave you above….

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Waqz
Visitor

Ok. This problem hasnt popped up latley. When it does i will download the drivers. Thanks for the help.

skykit84
New

Interesting... the fact its on and off ... I wonder if it suggests early indication of hardware failure with the mouse?
I can't think drivers could be causing this

Do you notice a pattery by any chance? I'm reffering more to scenario's such as:-

Its working fine while you're on the desk...
Then you get up, put the laptop in your bag, travel/walk/drive around, come back, put it on the desk and its not

Anything to suggest slight movement is apparent just prior to the malfunction?

Reason behind this is most laptops I open to repair, the touchpad is connected to the motherboard with a thin ribbon.
On some cases, we're had RMA's because the mouse/trackpad does not work. On opening the laptop, the ribbon is partially out - by this, i mean VERY slightly but enough to not make total contact.
Obviousl, on movement, it sometimes sits in such a place that there is enough contact to work but on movement, it unsits again.
90% of the time, plugging it back in fixes it.

Obviously this would be for Sony to look at and only failing you have exhausted other possibilities such as bad install (would have to restore) or reinstalling drivers as suggested.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Waqz
Visitor

Well it only popps up ever so often. But restarting my laptop it starts to work.... I am going to get Windows Vista soon... By instaling it may stop having problems?

Waqz
Visitor

Ok i have noticed a pattern. Odd tho. Its every time there is more thank one person logged on the laptop it stops working.