Join now - be part of our community!

Built in mouse. Help.

Waqz
Visitor

Built in mouse. Help.

Hi. My mouse that is built it sometimes goes a bit funny. Its got in it scroll and it usually works fine but after a while of using it stops working! Happened a few times on different occasions. Any Help? Thanks in advance.

20 REPLIES 20
stevie_901
Visitor

mine is exactly the same! its annoying, plus why dont vaio laptops have the ps/2 port? thats something that annoys me to, i had to buy a new mouse :cry:

BigBlueFish
Visitor

why dont vaio laptops have the ps/2 port? thats something that annoys me to, i had to buy a new mouse  :cry:

Same reason that there's no serial port or parallel port (the ones with lots of pins that mice and printers used to use). It's an obsolete standard... since the introduction of bioses with support for USB keyboard/mouse, there's no reason to keep using PS/2... and so eventually there won't be any PS/2 mice on the market.

Waqz
Visitor

Well its better it doesnt have a socket for it. Easily can use a mouse through usb although i dont have one. My built in mouse iss working now. Although the scroll on it stops working at times. Any solution. Thanks in advance!

profile.country.en_GB.title
biancavaio
Visitor

Hey

This has also happened to me once or twice in the beginning when i first got my laptop...but now its ok

xx

Waqz
Visitor

Hm.... Doesnt look like many people know the answer. Well it's been fine lately. Hope it stays that way.

profile.country.en_GB.title
biancavaio
Visitor

Good point ...not many answers were given .. :slight_frown:

x

Waqz
Visitor

Can somebody help me in this matter? My mouse has stopped working again. The scroll does not work.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Waqz

Try reinstalling the driver for the pointing device. First locate your touchpad driver which you may find in C:\Drivers\Pointing or on your recovery disks, if not then download the pre-installed drivers for your model from Vaio-Link and extract this to a known location.

Then, in Device Manager (Right click My Computer Icon > Properties > on the Hardware tab click Device Manager) locate Mice and Other Pointing Devices and expand.

You should see a pointing device listed or possibly a PS/2 mouse > right click this and select ‘Update Driver’.

On the next window select ‘No, not this time’ and click Next. On the following window select ‘Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) > click next.

You then have two options - ‘Search for the best driver in theses locations’ > browse to the location of the touchpad .inf file to included it in the search and click next.

Or if that is not accepted as the correct driver then go back and select ‘Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install.’ And click Next. Hopefully you will see the correct hardware listed, but if not then click ‘Have Disk’ and again browse to the location of the relevant .inf file.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
skykit84
New

I would also give it a clean
small specs od dust on the touchpad can "confuse" it
you may even find time to time you're navigating one way but the cursor is moving another way

just a thought anyway :slight_smile: