Join now - be part of our community!

Blu-Ray (BD) on TV playback issue

_Luca_
Visitor

Blu-Ray (BD) on TV playback issue

Hi everybody!First of all merry Xmas! :smileygrin: Now, here is my problem: I received 300 on BD, and this morning I'd like to see it. I don't have a BD player, but my VGN-FZ21M has the BD drive. So I turned on my Vaio, and linked it to my Bravia via HDMI cable. I start "Intervideo WinDVD BD for VAIO" which was pre-installed here on my laptop.

It does't work...! It starts only on my Vaio's screen, but after the WarnerBros logo screen it stops and the player says something like "The visualization ambience does not support the playback of the protected content"... :thinking: :cry: (I translated it from italian) Pls help! :slight_frown:

PS: i've already installed the player update...

2 REPLIES 2
_Luca_
Visitor

C'mon guys...! Take it easy! Don't reply all together, it's so messy here...!

I've decided to post this message for everyone who'll get my problem:

First of all the message in English is "your display environment does not support content protected playback"
As reported here , the issue regards the DRM .
All you need to do is to link your tv, open your NVIDIA control panel and then select Screen>Multiple screens>Change screen configuration (I'm sorry if some words won't match, but I've Vista in Italian an so I'm just translating...)
    1. Now select one
of these option (you cannot choose the Clone option):

1. Use one screen only (Single): and then select your TV as main screen in opt.#2 (this will turn off your laptop screen)
    2. Independent configuration (Dual view): and then select your setup according to the screens' relative position (opt. #2) and one of your screen as main display (opt. #3)

[Personally I've chose the second one... | http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1031/catturati1.jpg] So i can watch my movies on the TV while i can continue to run windows on the laptop display...!

Chanandler
Visitor

:slight_smile: Thanks for that, it explains why it wouldn't work on my Vaio either.

Happy New Year....