Join now - be part of our community!

battery draining really quickly

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hazycakes
Visitor

battery draining really quickly

hi

have had my sony vaio e series since september and over the past 6 weeks it will not hold a charge for more than half an hour.  Im only normally running firefox on it so its not under any high draining situations.  Currently have the battery set on the power saver option.

would appreciate any advice you can offer!

many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would contact Vaio Support and they will ask you to carry out some tests on the battery to see if it is faulty or if there is another cause..

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would contact Vaio Support and they will ask you to carry out some tests on the battery to see if it is faulty or if there is another cause..

:wink:

darhasla
Visitor

Hazycakes....If you do find a solution to this problem please post on here as I have the same problem and can't find an answer anywhere.....

Thanks

hazycakes
Visitor

hi darhasla

i contacted sony support as suggested above, they sent me this link  http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=29928&l=en_GB&m=null  to check everything and asked me to send them screengrab of the battery efficiency showing excellent, i also sent them screengrabs of the battery draining from full (saying 2 and half hours left) down to drained over space of half hour, i today received an email from them saying they would send a new battery.  i would def recommend you contacting them and hopefully this solves my problem!

darhasla
Visitor

Hi Hazycakes

Thanks for the advice, I've emailed Vaio Support lets see what they say.