Join now - be part of our community!

ati2dvag failure crashes WinXP

masterm
Visitor

ati2dvag failure crashes WinXP

After I talked to the Sony Techsupport... ..unfortunately they couldnt help me, I really hope that someone reads this and helps...

I own a VGN-S2XP. It worked fine the first month. But now I get a bluescreen after a few minutes and it says that there is a problem with the ati2dvag driver. Its in an endless loop and therefore the system stops.

I searched severall discussion-forums and found a workaround to get the computer running again, but now I can not play a ati9700-demo or any 3-d-game any more.

Here what I did:
Systemdevices
Intel82....... agp (here i switched to) pci - pci

Does anyone has a clue how I could get the Grafiksdriver online with the old settings ?

THNX in advance

:cool:

13 REPLIES 13
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi Masterm.

Welcome to the forum:smileygrin:

Have a look at This site

masterm
Visitor

Hi twisted-ritzla,

thanx for the Link.
I tried all the drivers (omega etc.) but it didn't work !

Same Problem as before. And i'm not the only one.

If there is anyone who can help, please do so.
THNX

Masterm

TygerTyger
Visitor

Doing a driver clean is essential as well, if you weren't doing that in between tries.

BurastA
Visitor

Well the only ones that can help you,and me and the others who have chosen sony,are the not-willing to help sony techs.

I really wonder what they have told you when you have told em that you have such a problem. Probably this one "Well,this is the first time we are having such a complaint" If they did so, be sure that it is not the first time as they said :angry: :angry: :angry:

masterm
Visitor

Doing a driver clean is essential as well, if you weren't doing that in between tries.

what infact do I have to do ? I just uninstalled the driver, booted again and installed the other driver...
Is there anything else I should know ?

Unfortunately I could't find one vgn-s2xp-user with that problem who got it fixed...

Maybe Sony will help us with an pgrade in the future...:smileyconfused:
But thnx anyway for your answers...

TygerTyger
Visitor

Ah. Driver cleaning can provide a few problems of their own, however it must be done to properly reinstall the driver and this file especially. If you install the Omega drivers, in the start menu section for omega drivers is an entry called driver cleaner. simply run that, then restart and try reinstalling a driver of your choice.

masterm
Visitor

Hi TygerTyger, I used the drivercleaner several times. I tried all drivers. The problems got worse.
I think, all i can do is to wait for a driverupdate... 😞

Greets from a very disappointed Vaio-user...

TygerTyger
Visitor

Don't wait for an update from Sony, they generally don't do that. You could also try reinstalling the latest version of DirectX.

masterm
Visitor

Maybe the new BIOSupdate for my VGN-S2XP can help.
But its unfortunately not downloadable from www.vaio-link.com.
... ?
Would you do a biosupdate ?