Join now - be part of our community!

AR21M - Vista Camera, Infrared Problems

Jshrk
Visitor

AR21M - Vista Camera, Infrared Problems

Hi, I've recently updated my AR21M Vaio to Vista however have had problems with the Motion Eye camera not working.

I managed to install a driver for it called the 'Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC2' the device now says its working however it doesnt show or allow me to install this into the 'Scanners and Imaging Devices' with the control panel.

This meaning im not able to use the camera. The Sony camera utility I can also get working however when i try to select it to use the camera under imaging devices it wont enagage it.

The main device which I really need working is the infrared device. This seems a bit strange as it was working when i first upgraded and has for some reason has started a few times to work with it now not functional at all. The problem isnt with the remote as I can see the infrared device recieving the RC6 Remote signals they just dont do anything.

I have attached a print screen of my devices to show what drivers/devices are installed, as i was doing this I noticed an 'Unknown Device' under USB controllers, and this is when i have nothing additional plugged in. Thinking maybe this has something to do with the problems im having? Ive tried searching for drivers everywhere for it but nothing seems to work with it. No idea what it is.

Also i have installed all drivers and utilities from the Sony support site nothing else seems to work. Ive disabled DEP as well. Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Try a system restore to a time when the infra red was working and repeat the process with a good offline defragmentation using Perfect diskhere

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If that doesn't work have a look at:

THIS THREAD for some ideas on the remote control

There are dozens of threads LIKE THIS ONE about the camera - it is a known problem.

:wink: