Join now - be part of our community!

A317M DOCKING STATION

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

A317M DOCKING STATION

Does anyone know if the docking station for a A317S will work with a A317M the reason I ask is because I have just bought an A317S docking station off ebay, very cheap.

I have it working except the remote, now is the remote sensor built in to the A317S and not the A317M? or is it built in to the docking station?

Any help?

24 REPLIES 24
PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

I will try on my other pc tomorrow, so anyway the IR receiver is in one of the speakers and is powered via usb, got that,

Would you know if I turned the volume up or down on the remote handset, should that alter the volume through the laptop or via the loudspeaker? am I making sense?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try this link direct to Sony's FTP server.

VGN-A317S MANUAL

It will take a while to download cos it's the K series and the A series manual!!

I would think it is just the speakers - not sure.

:thinking:

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

Try this link direct to Sony's FTP server.

VGN-A317S MANUAL

It will take a while to download!!

:thinking:

Same problem
The page cannot be displayed

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Perhaps a job for tomorrow?

:sleeping:

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

Perhaps a job for tomorrow?

:sleeping:

Yeh, thanks for you trouble, going to get some shut eye now, cheers

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

Just had a look at the manual, It shows that one of the speakers has a IR sensor, thing is it wont work with the remote, I have checked everything, I am at a loss as to what to do next

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Your A317M probably won't have the necessary programs/drivers installed for using the Docking Station.

You may need to get the Drivers and Utilities package for the A317S or a dfferent version of Vaio-Zone - I'm not sure how the remote actually operates.

Do you get a 'Found New Hardware' message when you plug the USB in?

:slight_frown:

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

Yes I got found new hardware IR, Sound like I need to look at software, thanks for your help

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

Funnty thing is, if I go to Vaio zone (with docking station connected) it will search for tv stations?

I wonder if I went to the Vaio update site it would detect the docking station and propt me to download the correct files?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried running the New Hardware Wizard and asking it to search for drivers?