Join now - be part of our community!

AV Mode Problem (TX1XP)

jonnystv
Visitor

AV Mode Problem (TX1XP)

Dear Experts

The AV Mode on my Vaio (TX1XP) is no longer operating properly.

As you are aware, pressing the "AV Mode" button when the machine is powered down will launch the non-Windows mode for playing movies etc.

Initially this worked fine but now when I try start the machine in "AV Mode" all that happens is the three start-up logos (Vaio, Intel & Phoenix) flash up on the screen, the DVD drive makes its start-up noise. The screen then goes blank and goes through the same sequence of events indefinitely, until the machine is powered down. This happens whether there is media in the drive or not.

I have had the machine, from new, for about a month and would prefer a solution that does not include restoring the factory defaults. As you might imagine I have carried out a fair amount of configuration that would take a while to redo.

Yours in anticipation.

Jonathan

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jonathan and welcome to the forum.

I do not have the InstantOn utility but understand that the requirements for this are the InstantOn map (on the C root) plus the files initrd.pam and kernel.pam (not sure of their location but probably the C root again).

I am not sure where this leads you but it may be worth checking that the above exist. If not, finding these files on your recovery disks may prove difficult. There are ways to unpack ‘some’ of the Sony restore files and if you need further help with this let us know.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jonnystv
Visitor

Dear Rich

Thanks for the reply. I'll investigate and let you know if I have any success.

Jonathan

jonnystv
Visitor

Dear Rich

The two files (initrd.pam & kernel.pam) along with the folder InstantON are all present in the C root.

Jonathan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

In that case I am not sure what the problem is. Perhaps other members with this utility can offer further advice.

In the meantime have you tried a Windows system restore back to a date when this was functioning?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I wish I had this, it would be cool.

Sorry I can't really help either :slight_frown: