Join now - be part of our community!

VAT refund problems

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
1DissatisfiedCustomer
Visitor

VAT refund problems

I recently bought a Sony tv and there wasn't a European Guarantee Information Document enclosed. I phoned the helpline on the 'Get the VAT-back with Sony' brochure and Adil told me that the till receipt was the European Guarantee. This seems logical as we are in the EU. However, I have been informed that my claim has been rejected, even though I put a note on the form and the call reference number.

I phoned the helpline this morning and I have been told to send a letter giving the details. As I only have 28 days to appeal, concidering possible postal delays due to bad weather, and the fact that I have explained the situation over the phone, and been unable to speak to a team leader as requested, and put the information in writing on the application form, what can I do?

Does anyone know that the elusive European Guarantee Information Document looks like and can Sony send one to me so that I can send it to their promotion company in order to claim my VAT back?

As you can possible guess, I am a very dissatisfied customer!

Q

67 REPLIES 67
sasunda33
Visitor

Hi

No news on my refund either. Private message sent and no response. We are now past the 31st Jan deadline. I have seen some comments in this forum about writing to Watchdog or a consumer organisation. Have to wait and see if Sony is interested in addressing the problems some of us are facing or just not take note of this.

I would not be surprised if nothing is done as I have had problems with Sony in the past and they did nothing about it. Not even a letter for courtesy.

Sampath Sundar

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you look at the dedicated website here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/1237479399273

you can see the full range of products that actually qualified for the VAT-Back Promotion.

I do hope ALL websites, retailers and salesmen were100% honest about this!

sasunda33
Visitor

Hi

The camcorder I bought was certainly on the list. I even cross checked the prodcut code on the VAT form/website. My problem is I have not heard from Sony. Looks like my form along with my receipt and the guarantee are now well and truly lost.

Cheers

Sampath

Message was edited by: sasunda33

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As Lee has said above, you can send him your story by PM and he will investigate.  Click here: -

PM StartTheCar

sasunda33
Visitor

Hi

Sent a PM last week with the details. Hope to hear soon.

Cheers

Sampath

StartTheCar
Contributor

Ok, as of now, I am 100% up to date on my Vat-Back PM's

Best regards
Lee

AmoraBN2
Visitor

PM sent to Lee

sylke123
Visitor

Hi Lee,

I sent my claims, receipts & EU guarantees on the 24/12/2010 , while I expected some delay being sent at Christmas I have still not heard a word from Sony vat back,it was all sent recorded delivery. Please can you help with this? Thank you

Kind regards

Sylvia Hale

PS. I have just tracked my delivery on the post office website & it was delivered on the 12th January 2011

Message was edited by: sylke123

profile.country.GB.title
ianagray
New

sony received my claim form on the 8-1-11. I also expected to wait, but would like to be informed how long for.

regards,

being patient for now,

Ian

phooeyman
Visitor

Sony received mine around 12th Jan 2011 nothing as of yet pm'ed startthecar hopefully he can help. See this being another hoover flights scam and watchdog having a field day with Sony..