Join now - be part of our community!

VAT refund problems

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
1DissatisfiedCustomer
Visitor

VAT refund problems

I recently bought a Sony tv and there wasn't a European Guarantee Information Document enclosed. I phoned the helpline on the 'Get the VAT-back with Sony' brochure and Adil told me that the till receipt was the European Guarantee. This seems logical as we are in the EU. However, I have been informed that my claim has been rejected, even though I put a note on the form and the call reference number.

I phoned the helpline this morning and I have been told to send a letter giving the details. As I only have 28 days to appeal, concidering possible postal delays due to bad weather, and the fact that I have explained the situation over the phone, and been unable to speak to a team leader as requested, and put the information in writing on the application form, what can I do?

Does anyone know that the elusive European Guarantee Information Document looks like and can Sony send one to me so that I can send it to their promotion company in order to claim my VAT back?

As you can possible guess, I am a very dissatisfied customer!

Q

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pcadjb
Visitor

Hello,

In my TV, the european guarantee document is as attached I believe.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67
Pcadjb
Visitor

Hello,

In my TV, the european guarantee document is as attached I believe.

Hope it helps.

IdRatherBeSkiing
New

That's the same document I sent off to Sony 27 days ago, still hopefull that I'll get it all back, with my money, but have absoloutly no Knowledge of if or when it'll happen, rest assured I'll be ringing them too in the next couple of days. Good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You can download the European Guarantee Document from HERE

bernardmalcolm
Visitor

I posted required documents to Sony on 26th November registered post which they signed for as received. No refund to date .I am seriously thinking that this I have been conned into buying the product I purchased. Have 5 Sony products to date.But doubt if I shall buy another.I paid £5 + in postage to send them the documents.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bernardmalcolm,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

It mentions on the claim form that should you have any queries in relation to your claim, please phone us on: 01379 649 499, so it may be a good place to start..

kylie64
Visitor

I also bought a Sony TV in early November, sent off the documents to claim back the VAT which I tracked and was received by Sony on 15th November and registered by them on 18th November, but still no refund.

Have complained to the Sony shop where I bought it and they tell me it is still being processed.

Received a letter 16th December from Sony again telling me it is being processed.

Phoned on several occassions and have been given various excuses ranging from problems with the post, even though they managed to send me a letter, my claim had been put on hold but they didn't know why and eventually managed to speak to a senior member who said it was to do with the overwhelming  response, as if this wasn't going to happen.

Well it is certainly no VAT back this christmas, hopefully it will eventually arrive in the new year, not impressed.

kylie64
Visitor

Day 42 since my claim has been registered and the postman's delivering again after christmas, but guess what, still no cheque from Sony.

Your salesman told me when I bought my TV I would receive the VAT back within 28 days, so what is happening, is it just a big SCAM?

Just for laughs and giggles and be honest, what percentage of VAT back claims have you actually settled within 28 days of receiving them Sony?

Your service is despicable, as are the excuses you give over the phone!!

profile.country.en_IE.title
NoraB123
Visitor

I also posted off my claim for a VAT refund around a month ago now and nothing!!  I've called the helpline, they say they never received my claim (I didnt send it registered post, I know stupid!) however, it looks from the posts on here that there might have been a problem even if I had registered it.  Am very annoyed, I think it is a SCAM, they tell me now I need to get another original receipt and go through the process again.  Not a bit happy with Sony.

kylie64
Visitor

Day 43 since my claim was received, the postman has been, but still no cheque from Sony, the SCAM continues.

Have now reported this to Watchdog and asked them to investigate, suggest others do likewise.