Join now - be part of our community!

VAT refund problems

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
1DissatisfiedCustomer
Visitor

VAT refund problems

I recently bought a Sony tv and there wasn't a European Guarantee Information Document enclosed. I phoned the helpline on the 'Get the VAT-back with Sony' brochure and Adil told me that the till receipt was the European Guarantee. This seems logical as we are in the EU. However, I have been informed that my claim has been rejected, even though I put a note on the form and the call reference number.

I phoned the helpline this morning and I have been told to send a letter giving the details. As I only have 28 days to appeal, concidering possible postal delays due to bad weather, and the fact that I have explained the situation over the phone, and been unable to speak to a team leader as requested, and put the information in writing on the application form, what can I do?

Does anyone know that the elusive European Guarantee Information Document looks like and can Sony send one to me so that I can send it to their promotion company in order to claim my VAT back?

As you can possible guess, I am a very dissatisfied customer!

Q

67 REPLIES 67
Vish_p
Visitor

Hello

I bought SONY KDL40EX713U 40'' HD F/V LED TV on the 15/12/2010. I sent out the VAT back forms together with receipt before 24/12/10 but still have not heard back from them. If SONY customer care really cares and VAT back is for real please look into my claim back forms. I have all the forms photocoopies with me.

Please suggest what to do if I don't hear back anything.

JAYBEE243
Visitor

Hi Lee

I've just joined the system as hopefully you can help me as you have helped numerous others. I purchased a KDL-32EX713U LED TV from John Lewis on 24.12.10 and it was delivered on the 04.01.11. The VAT-back form and all the correct paperwork was posted on the 10.01.11 Special Delivery and (checked) was delivered by the Diss Delivery Office on the 11.01.11. I had requested payment via BACS transfer to my bank account. To date I have heard or received nothing. This morning I telephoned 01379 649499 but the automatic answer message 'broke up' and the telephone continued to ring without answer.

Can you please assist or enlighten me.

Regards

John

alienist
Visitor

Hi Lee,

Similar situation to the post above. I purchased an A580 before Christmas and my claim form and paperwork was delivered on 10/01/11 (29 days ago) but I haven't heard anything.

I've PM'ed you and would be grateful if you could look into it.

Thanks

alienist
Visitor

Well, the cheque arrived yesterday. I guess I should have been more patient! Cheers, Sony.

iwantmyvatmoney
Visitor

Hi Lee - will PM you for help

Anyway, I sent my claim of some time ago but due to the post problems with the weather it only reached its destination on 12 January (sent recorded delivery).

The wait has been quite excessive to be honest - especially when a BACS transfer was requested

Eggers
Visitor

Lee,

Can you look into my VAT claim. Like lots of others here I have not received any communication since making my claim in early January. It for nearly £300 so could really do with it especially as my credit card payment is due. What details do you need?

Ive tried the 'Hotline' for 3 days and it's permenantly engaged.

Message was edited by: Eggers

StartTheCar
Contributor

Morning all

Just a little reminder that if you would like me to look into any Vat-Back issues you will have to send me a private mail detailing the problem and including your full name, address and any reference you may have from the promo.

As always, I am very happy to help where I can, however, if you can please make sure it has been more than 28 days since your claim form was recieved at the handling house before chasing, it will free me up to address more urgent issues.

Otherwise, thanks for your ongoing goodwill and feedback regarding this matter.

Best regards

Lee

paventiger
Visitor

Dear Lee,

Just PM'd you with my claim details. Please could you look into for us urgently.

Regards

Message was edited by: paventiger

phooeyman
Visitor

Lee sorted mine what a absolute STAR!!! credit to Sony and well done Sony.....:smileylove:

flintst0ne
New

I PM'd Lee and just got the letter this morning that my VAT back is being processed :slight_smile:

Will let you know when I finally get the VAT back?  BTW it has taken two months to get to this stage :cry:

CheerZ