Join now - be part of our community!

USB Ports no longer working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonbrisc1
Explorer

USB Ports no longer working

My USB Ports on my Bravia KDL46EX723 have stopped working. The last time I used them was before the latest update, when I tried to view some photographs yesterday on my USB stick, formatted FAT32, I couldn't see my photographs and I also noticed that the power light on the USB stick was not illuminated. I tried the stick in both my USB ports and neither was powered. I have tried a Factory Reset, different memory sticks, nothing seems to work via the USB ports. I have checked to see if there is a newer Bravia update and I am running the latest version. The Memory stick is working ok in my computer. What are my options please?

Reason for edit,   Spelling mistake.

Message was edited by: tonbrisc1

Message was edited by: tonbrisc1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this has been reported on here before and the end result was a replacement motherboard by Sony, i would strongly suggest you contact your nearest Sony authorised repair centre for further clarification of your particular problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this has been reported on here before and the end result was a replacement motherboard by Sony, i would strongly suggest you contact your nearest Sony authorised repair centre for further clarification of your particular problem.

tonbrisc1
Explorer

Thanks Bravia55HX923, for the prompt and helpful reply.

tonbrisc1
Explorer

Update.

Had a new motherboard fitted today, USB Ports working correctly now.

Thanks again for the information.

Did you get charged for this and how much?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strongboy0 - seeing as this is over 4 years old, even if the person replied back, things/prices would be different.

Only a repair centre can diagnose the problem and hence price of repair,