Join now - be part of our community!

TV Guide missing

SOLVED
John-Aldo
Explorer

TV Guide missing

Since a recent auto-update (September 2014) to my Bravia KDL-42W653A the TV Guide won't show anything. I've tried all the usual reboots without success.

Any suggestions please?

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John-Aldo
Explorer

OK, gave in and went for the factory reset (which fixed the problem) followed by a couple of hours resetting everything back to how it was!

Thanks for the advice both of you,

John

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try the following and see if it works.

1. Remove/disconnect the aerial cable from the TV
  2. Do a full tune/re-scan of the channels on the TV.  This should render all channels "Blank"
  3. Re-connect the aerial cable back
  4. Do another full tune/re-scan of the channels

The EPG will take approx 5-10 minutes before it adds everything.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Are we talking about the Gracenote TV Guide or the Freeview one? About Gracenote in Italy we are experiencing some problem with the external internet service that seems now solved...

John-Aldo
Explorer

Hi,

I've just tried that (3 times) and it still says "No service is available".

Any further suggestions, please?

John

John-Aldo
Explorer

Hi, Rooobb,

How do I tell if it's Gracenote or Freeview?

John

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

By defualt its freeview, you can set it to run the gracenote if you put the option for "Guide and search" (maybe in italian it's "guida e cerca".

Anyway the gracenote one is available only if you have internet connection and there is a logo up right telling "powered by gracenote"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John,

Also having a look into this.  The following website may help: http://www.ukfree.tv/helpme.php?faqid=1107051116&PGSTART=2460#pagebar

Read through the comments and also post their as well.

As you have blanked the channels and didnt work.  Another suggestion is to perform a factory reset of the TV. 

Cheers

John-Aldo
Explorer

Hi Rooob,

I've tried setting up for Guide and Search, but it takes so long to display and scroll that it's unusable (yes it said Gracenote in top RH corner)

So, gone back to the normal Guide (Freeview?) in thehope that it wiil reappear sometime!

John

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I agree it is indeed very slow, but in Italy we don't have any options since the standard DVB-t EPG is almost empty and we live with it. For you too, till  the problem is not solved with the freeview one, is in any case better than nothing...

John-Aldo
Explorer

OK, gave in and went for the factory reset (which fixed the problem) followed by a couple of hours resetting everything back to how it was!

Thanks for the advice both of you,

John