Join now - be part of our community!

Streaming AVCHD from my media server to Bravia KDL-46NX703

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dspugh
Visitor

Streaming AVCHD from my media server to Bravia KDL-46NX703

Hi,

I recently purchased a KDL46NX703 TV and Sony HDR-XR155 camcorder. I was told that I would be able to record in HD and then stream the movies from my Western Digital MyBook Media Server direct to the TV via home wireless network.

Well, I can play music, photos and MPEG2 movies BUT not the AVCHD movie clips via wifi to TV. The TV sees the folders that I have the movies stored, but not the files.

Any help appreciated - this was the main reason I purchased the 2 pieces of equipment and to ensure compatibility.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Or you can copy them onto USB stick and they will play from there. No reason why they should't as the TV's support AVCHD via USB and DLNA.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
robin.horder
Explorer

I have the same problem and similar requirement.

I have AVHCD movie files shot with SONY camera on SONY Vaio laptop but cannot play AVCHD files on SONY Bravia KDL-40EX403 TV.

Cony please address this issue or I will be most disappointed by Sony service and the brand.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
sletonqu
New

Have a look on this DLNA Server : Serviio

A Sony Bravia specific profile exist: http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=425

Support mts, m2ts with AVC HD video

KDL-46EX501, BDP-S373, SMP-N100, Serviio.org
Catmambo
Contributor

Or you can copy them onto USB stick and they will play from there. No reason why they should't as the TV's support AVCHD via USB and DLNA.

Thanks

shahid.spm
Visitor

My set-up is 46NX713 & WD MyBook NAS.

Don't have a Sony camcorder, so maybe wrong but.....if the camcorder AVCHD files play ok from a USB stick on your TV, then the problem might be the media server on the NAS (Twonky).

In getting AVCHD streaming from the NAS to my TV I found that you have to make sure the AVCHD is in exactly the correct format that Twonky will recognise to pass through to the TV (and that the TV will natively play).

I re-encoded my videos - now all are streaming ok. Here's the tool I used and the important settings....

Tool : MediaCoder

Important Settings :

Video Format : H.264 , Level : 4.1

Audio : AC3

Container : MPEG-TS

Regards

S

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

I advice Twonky in DLNA as server for AVCHD

:slight_smile:

dspugh
Visitor

Thanks for all the advice. But having contacted Twonky they recommend v 6 and higher to support AVCHD - I've tried 3 WD NAS and they all had v4 or v5 - you can only tell after connnecting the drive etc... Of course the store wasnt happy when I took them all back.

I can purchase Twonky 6 fro $25 but I dont know how to install onto the WD drive - any ideas ?