Join now - be part of our community!

streaming 3D .mkv & .m2ts files

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
celicat20
Visitor

streaming 3D .mkv & .m2ts files

I have recently bought a Sony Bravia 3D TV KDL-LX900 and a Sony 3D Blu-Ray Home cinema set bdv-e370.

I can stream videos from my laptop on my tv and home cinema set. I also have some 3D video's in side-by-side format. I can stream them to my tv, but then I'm watching at 2 frames side by side instead of 3D. The tv doesnt recognize the 3D film.

Is it possible to watch 3D side-by-side .mkv or .m2ts in 3D on my television?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
celicat20
Visitor

I worked it out! Thx for your help!

Just played the film on the e370. Then click sync menu on tv remote ->tv setting->option->3d-menu->3D side by side

And it works great!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

You might have to burn them to DVD to get them to play - 3D USB playback is pretty limited as there were concerns over the bus speed of the USB sockets and if it could cope with the throughput of data, haven't tried DLNA I'm afraid,  If you turn them into a DVD-Video and then simply change the TV 3D setting to side by side the 370 should merge the piictures without any bother..

celicat20
Visitor

Thank you for your reply.

I don't think that burning on a DVD is possible, due to the big size of the files. Burning on Blu-Ray isn't an option too, because I don't have a Blu-Ray burner.

I discovered that 3D playback from DLNA isn't that easy.

How can I change the TV 3D setting to side by side? Haven't found that yet.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

I think is options button, then 3D menu ( you can also adjust brightness and a few other 3d settings also). I think you need to have some content playing (BD/Sky) in order to change the way its being displayed. The manual should provide clearer instructions on how to get there though.

Thanks

celicat20
Visitor

I worked it out! Thx for your help!

Just played the film on the e370. Then click sync menu on tv remote ->tv setting->option->3d-menu->3D side by side

And it works great!