Join now - be part of our community!

sony tv channel

profile.country.en_GB.title
hawkeye13gcm
Visitor

sony tv channel

Am I the only one who is very disappointed that after spending quite a lot of money on a internet ready TV sony do not allow access to the new sony tv channel, its only available on rip off sky tv.You might think sony could have set it up for sony tv owners.I am sure they will have this amazing reason why it couldn't be done etc,but to me it does not show much loyality to us who buy their products.

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Agreed!, but i cant say a lot as have not got my tv yet!

Loyalty ! whats that?, lol

Catmambo
Contributor

I think you've answered your own question. Its run by Sony Pictures Television who monitise it by making it available on Sky as part of your monthly package - i.e. they get paid by Sky. On BRAVIA Internet Video its a free service as at present as there are no adverts so Sony Pictures do not earn anything by putting it on BRAVIA, thus the content line-up is different.

Sure this will change in future, but content licensing costs vasts amounts of money I'm afraid and at present no-one is earning mega-bucks by putting content on IPTV services as the install base of devices are relatively small in comparison to Sky/PS3/Xbox/Virgin etc etc.

Hope that helps