Join now - be part of our community!

sony kdl55hx923 price hike

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

sony kdl55hx923 price hike

Has anyone noticed that not only do Sony keep moving the release date for this tv but the price has shot up another £200 and the Sony Centre price is now £2999.99 !, now i for one am glad i pre ordered mine and paid in full, and i wonder if thats fair on Sony's part to hike the price up while its still on pre order, having said that, did that happen to the HX803 as well !

6 REPLIES 6
seboyad

There were various price movements with the 2010 range aswell, but I'm not sure why.

I just pre-ordered the 55HX823 and the price has dropped £200 from the other day.

I shall be monitoring the price up to delivery just in case. 

Catmambo
Contributor

Just to avoid any confusion, bear in mind retailers are free to set their own retail prices. The final price you pay on the high street or online is not determined by Sony as a manufacturer ( Sony Centres are independent retailers who trade under the Sony brand)

Thanks

Bravia55HX

Catmambo,

yes i can understand that, but here's the thing, whats the M.R.R.P for then ?, retailers cannot have the first clue how much a product should retail for unless the manufacturers set one first, and while we are on the subject of this one is it definately first week of June this time or will i be tortured further by waiting longer!,

thanks.

Bravia55HX

Seboyad,

just noticed you said you have pre-ordered your set, it does not matter if it goes up in price as you would have either paid in full or payed a deposit, if you paid a deposit you will have a reciept to that effect and that will show on there the retail price at that time minus the deposit you paid with the balance to follow, on the other hand if the dealer drops the price after you pre order you may be able to haggle with them shortly after you pre ordered yours.

if you dont ask, you dont get!.

daved80
Visitor

Please bear in mind that the earthquake in japan effected sony in a big way as a plant for tvs is in sendai. This can have a knock on effect for prices of components which inturn will increase the retail price.

Bravia55HX

That as may be, however these particular sets i understand were assembled in europe and in all honesty would have had all the parts needed for these before the quake.