Join now - be part of our community!

Server not found from 32EX503 Bravia

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mad-Rob
Visitor

Server not found from 32EX503 Bravia

I have connected the 32EX503 to the internet via my wireless LAN and can access BBC Iplayer etc. My PC recognises the TV from Windows XP Media Connect and the TV appears on My Mcafee Network Map but not on my Windows Network Places and the TV tells me it cannot connect to the Server. The Server Diagnostics say Server is not Supported but The Computer Name, IP Address and Mac Address are OK and the Port(2869) on my PC is open so the TV must be able to access something. I want to show photos  on my PC over the network. Can anyone offer any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
10 REPLIES 10
wetsleet
Visitor

I would start by disabling the software firewall 100% completely, and checking in the router to see that no ports are blocked within the private network.

The router will in any case give you firewall protection from the outside world, so don't worry overmuch about running with the software firewall switched off for a while.

Mad-Rob
Visitor

Tried disabling the firewall in both Windows and Mcafee but still get same message "The Server is not Supported"

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor
profile.country.GB.title
R1chard0
Explorer

Hi

I am in a similar position. The TV sees just one user on 1 computer (my setup in a MS Home Server network with a number of PCs attached).

The documentation from Sony seems extremely poor on this point. I cannot find anything that states how it interacts with Microsoft software. Thought that would be important!

Catmambo
Contributor

You'd need to have DLNA software installed on your WHS, then the TV will be able to see it I think. What streaming software do you currently have installed?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
R1chard0
Explorer

I execute the diagnostics. The TV sees WHS, but states:

Homestorage: 1: Windows Media Connect: Failed

The server is not supported.

<<Server details>>

The server does not support.

A cryptic message - does not support - what?

The TCP port is open.

Media sharing on WHS is switched on.

Any ideas?

Catmambo
Contributor

I had a Windows Home Server box a couple of years ago and remember basically having to install Windows Media Player 11 on the device to enable it to stream content to the PS3. It was a real pain and was one of the main reasons I got rid of it in the end....:smileymischief:

Definitely need to make some changes to your WHS box to get it to working I think. I think there are some tutorials on We Got Served..

profile.country.GB.title
R1chard0
Explorer

Thanks for that - useful input. Time to play to see if I can work out what is really going on. If i get anywhere I'll add it to this thread.

Catmambo
Contributor