Problems connecting USB devices to a KDL-40BX400 TV

profile.country.es_ES.title
pablomorenom
Visitor

Problems connecting USB devices to a KDL-40BX400 TV

Hello,

I have those problems:

Problem 1:

USB port works fine with USB pendrives but it can’t be connected to portable USB disks without additional power supply. The TV menu only can show the directory list of some of them but if you try to load a picture or a movie, the TV stop working.

Problem 2:

If I use an USB disks with additional power supply, they work fine only in some cases. An older Iomega ScreenPlay (500GB) connected to the USB port can be used normally. Sometimes the TV must be turn off and on (not using the standby button in the remote controller) because the USB is not listed in the TV menu.

Problem 3:

But a new Iomega ScreenPlay Plus (1TB) connected to the USB port is not recognized at all. This new model needs more than one partition in the internal disk (one of them is used by the internal OS of the Iomega device). This must confuse the TV OS, because the USB device is not listed in the TV menu.

Are these problems related only with my TV device or are they common problems related with this model?

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Sony does not garanty work with all external hard discs. There are good results maked with Western Digital. However external hard should not be splited in partition and should be in FAT32.

Regards

Damac