Join now - be part of our community!

Persistent "The system recovery is in progress due to serious problems" after successful update

profile.country.GB.title
lakerjerry
New

Persistent "The system recovery is in progress due to serious problems" after successful update

I have just successfully downloaded and installed a firmware update PKG4.131EUL-0108 onto my KDL-32EX403 using a USB download.  Going to the product dialogue shows the update in place.

On restart, the software update screen appeared showing incomplete software information and a flashing message "Do not turn off the system".   Hmm.  It's been doing that for several hours now.

I now have a 32" brick and a grumpy family.  I can't track its progress in whatever its doing in the way of a system recovery, and I cannot find a way of rebooting the whole thing without doing the one thing it tells me not to do - turning it off, disconnecting from the supply and taking the whole thing to the recycling centre.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
lakerjerry
New

After a lot of cable swapping and testing, it seems that this problem stems from the attached Humax FVP 5000 which is throwing a wobbly part way through the USB download and coming up with an error 'E010', taking me back to the "The System Recovery ..." message.

So Sony not guilty - but has anyone encountered the Humax E010 error?