Join now - be part of our community!

OUT OF RANGE MESSAGE

profile.country.en_GB.title
markcaudwell
Visitor

OUT OF RANGE MESSAGE

You are going to like this one !!!!!! . I have a KDL-40S5500 Ive had it for 22 months now and its been the best picture quality tv ive ever had,the sound isnt brilliant but the picture is just superb either through the SKY HD box or my Playstation3.Ive had no issues with it whatsoever up until last week when we started to get an "out of range" message on the screen when we had SKY on through the HDMI 1.But heres the good bit ! it only happens during the day , after about 5 oclock each day it doesnt happen.

My partner told me about it but when I came home from work it was always working correctly Ive only just seen the problem yesterday during the day,so I tried my playstation3 with a brand new BLU RAY DVD and the same message "out of range" came up.

Ive got SKY on and the Playstation on at the moment and the message is on both HDMI channels.Ive plugged them both into another 3 Sony tvs in the house and they both work perfectly on them.

The HDMI cable on the SKY box is brand new and cost £39.99 so its not the cable.

Anyone got any clues because this is driving me mad.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Just a guess but it sounds like you have some form of 'Parental Controls' activated.

These often restrict the playing of certain content and allow you to specify times of day for the censorship.

As it only appears on the Bravia, have a look in the Bravia menu for something like 'Parental Lock'.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Failing that, I would just do a full reset and take it back to factory settings as that normally resolves softwae glitches.

Thanks