Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Panel Failure

profile.country.en_GB.title
gmfarrant
Visitor

Bravia Panel Failure

I note a posting on 11 March 2011 listing models/sizes that have experienced this and where special help is offered. The 46X3000 is listed but not my 40X3000. The panel on my KDL40X3000 has failed and I am told it will cost £635.90 (parts cost) to repair! Is there any help with this? I am told the new screen will only have 3 months warranty. Is this indeed the case?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
pamchal21
Visitor

Hello,

The best advice I can give you is to never buy a Sony Screen again. For £635 you might as well buy a new TV. I recommend Samsung or Panasonic. Personally I'm finding Sony to be incredibly unrelieable as an electronics manufacturer. I have had more problems with Sony products in the past 10 years than I have with any other manufacturer. One example to illustrate this is I I have 3 Samsung TV's  in my work place and two Sony TVs at home. Both Sony's developed faults within 2 years, while the Samsungs remain fine even into year 4. Another example would be My Sony EX1 a £5000 camera. Developed a fault within 2 years ( a cracked prism a thick piece of glass ) and I was told that the service plan I had was invalid due to there being slight water damage to a part of the camera totally unrelated to the prism. They told me they checked the prism and quoted me £2800 for a fix. So I told them no and to return it to me unfixed. I got it back and being a electronics technician decided to crack it open myself and fix it. Turns out there was dust on the prism not a crack. So they clearly didn't check it and decided that lieing to me and charging me for their lies was the correct way to go about things. These combined experiences have seriously impacted my decision making when it comes to buying both consumer and professional electronics from Sony and I know that I'm not alone in this. Sony make some good products, but their customer service and their manufacturing process seems to be very poor.