Join now - be part of our community!

Old Bravia TV KDL-32S2010 not connecting to laptop via HDMI

profile.country.GB.title
Loubylou19
Explorer

Old Bravia TV KDL-32S2010 not connecting to laptop via HDMI

Long shot.... we have an old Bravia, model as above. It has an HDMI port on the back. Tried connecting HDMI to laptop, laptop recognises that TV is connected, but TV does not 'see' laptop. Cannot find the external input menu, as it appears to be 'switched off'. Have searched the menu's, settings, instruction booklet, internet, no solution! Can anyone help please?

Many thanks. Loubylou

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Loubylou19,

have you looked into the Notebooks display settings and set it to "duplicate" or "extend"?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Loubylou19
Explorer

Yup, tried that, the TV doesn't come up in any of my settings, when the lead is connected. I did wonder if it is the lead not working properly, so will try and borrow to try and see if that is an option, but also read on the internet that is might be a software problem!! Just wondered if I had uninstalled something that I shouldn't........

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Loubylou19,

did you check on e.g. a computer screen if it works there?

Is your HDMI-port enabled in the BIOS of your notebook?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Loubylou19
Explorer

Hi, Nic, how do you mean check on the computer screen, check what?

Also how do I 'enable in the BIOS of your notebook'?

I am a bit computer literate, but obviously not quite enough!!

Lou

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Loubylou19,

I wrote "a computer screen" like a monitor or any other HDMI capable screen you might have to check if your notebook outputs a picture to it.

That depends on your Notebook and mainboard. Just search for it on the internet.

- Nic