Join now - be part of our community!

New Ex40 switching off and on again! Please help!

profile.country.en_GB.title
janejfozzy
Visitor

New Ex40 switching off and on again! Please help!

Hi, I bought an EX540 on sunday, its worked perfectly until this afternoon when it has started switching off and then on again it happens about every 5 mins. It is very annoying and I can't seem to find anything helpfull in the manual on on I-manual.

Please help me

:cry:

Jane

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would contact the shop where you bought your Bravia and get them to fix the problem or replace the faulty board.

Sorry that your enjoyment has been spoiled but I'm sure it can be fixed.

profile.country.pl_PL.title
august84
Visitor

Hi,

I've got same error with 40EX700 (firmware: PKG4.077EUL-0108). It restarts every 5min20sec when dvd player (PHILIPS DVP3580) is connected throught any of HDMI inputs. When I pull the HDMI plug (to dvd) out from TV, everything backs to normal.

I've got connected:

- RJ45: FastEthernet (100Mbps)

- HDMI1: cable TV box

- HDMI4: dvd player (PHILIPS DVP3580) - temporary off

I've switched HDMI cables between these devices, same result (cable TV works fine, but TV still restart).

I've tried different combination of TV's input throught HDMI1/2/3/4 - same result.

Weird thing is that sometimes after reconnecting DVD player eveything works fine for few days.

Have you got something connected to TV? (HDMI?) Maybe disconnect it one by one? Change HDMI cables?

Any idea to diagnose the problem?

Please help me too

Andrew

pincher
Visitor

hello

I know this is months later but just in case.

did you get to the bottom of this problem as i have an intermittent off on problem with my KDL-37EX503.

mine is less than 2 weeks old and is booked in to be replaced by the shop.

However i am also using a Phillips  DVP3580 and i am a little worried i will have the same problem as before.

It does not happen all the time and does always happen with the same set up but it is getting on my nerves big time now.

SONY is meant to be quality. mmmmmm

peedwar92
Explorer

I have the same issue with TWO new TVs.

52HX903 (purchased Nov 10) and 32EX43B (with integrated blu-ray player, purchased Jan 11)

Both started turning themselves off and on again within two days of each other. Factory reset appeared to do the trick, but then it started again after one day.

Phoned Sony customer services, and a very helpful lady took my details, told me they had a service bulletin about exactly this (although with respect to different models - so it's obviously a systematic issue with a range of TVs), and arranged for a service company to come out and look at them.

No fuss, no bother, very good customer service.

Of course the engineer hasn't been out yet, so it could all still go pear-shaped....

But clearly there is an issue that they're aware of.

Hope this helps

EDIT: The 32EX43B is not connected to anything except an aerial cable (it has integrated blu-ray), so it's not restricted to the HDMI interface...

Message was edited by: peedwar92

profile.country.pl_PL.title
august84
Visitor

Mine dvd player (PHILIPS DVP3580) was broken (problem with playing beginnings of some oryginal DVDs). After reciving new one everything works fine :slight_smile: No problem with TV when dvd player is connected throught HDMI. New dvd player (PHILIPS DVP3580-12) seems to have same firmware V33 as previous.