Join now - be part of our community!

MyBookLive - KDL-48W585B

Mickm8
Explorer

MyBookLive - KDL-48W585B

I am having trouble getting the contents up on screen, all I get is a message 'Could not receive the content list' every time I select 'MyBookLive'. I can get the DivX Media Server working from my PC, not great admittedly, as the contents are not listed by folders etc. and just doesn't feel right.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I believe you will need to enable Twonky on the WD MyBookLive as this would enable a DLNA server, of which is needed in order for the TV to 'see' the MyBook.  More information, see:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/My-Book-Live-and-quot-DLNA-quot/td-p/461062

Cheers

Mickm8
Explorer

Thank you for your reply, however, the TV has a generic media player and can see MyBookLive and as far as I am aware WD has moved from Twonky to their own DLNA Server, unless you mean to replace that and use Twonky?

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Unfortunately I dont have any experiece with WD MyBook's.  However my best guess is a setting within the MyBookLive that needs to be enabled or shared? 

A PC will pick it up, becuse a the PC doenst need to see DLNA servers, just fileshares or even IP address, but for a TV to 'see' NAS drives etc, they must be broadcasting via a DLNA server.  My advice is to look at all the settings, and maybe browse the WD forums.

Cheers

Mickm8
Explorer

Thank you I shall try there.