Join now - be part of our community!

How to stream video with subtitles on my Bravia?

SOLVED
sashoiliev
Explorer

How to stream video with subtitles on my Bravia?

My question is how to stream video with subtitles on my Sony Bravia KDL-40EX520 from my Xperia sola. I im using wi-fi direct and the video play very smoothly, but when the video's sound is not on my language its not that comfortable to watch it. I have read so many posts but i dont find that what im searching for. I read that both of the devices does not support screen mirroring. Any help would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest I have no idea.  My knowledge on mobile connectivity is limited at best. 

A couple of ways to get your questions answered:

• Another forum member may know the answer and post back
  • Try posting the same question/s on the Xperia forums as well, as they would probably have a collective knowledge on connectivity.  See : HERE
  • Phone/email Sony Support

Cheers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The EX520 does not support subtitles (or .srt files) via DLNA streaming.

Cheers

sashoiliev
Explorer

So what about micro USB-HDMI cable? Does it working with both of my devices?

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest I have no idea.  My knowledge on mobile connectivity is limited at best. 

A couple of ways to get your questions answered:

• Another forum member may know the answer and post back
  • Try posting the same question/s on the Xperia forums as well, as they would probably have a collective knowledge on connectivity.  See : HERE
  • Phone/email Sony Support

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

JFYI - Homestream supports subtitles over DLNA, so you can get them to work that way.

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Blog-News-from-Sony/Homestream-Media-Sharing-from-Sony/ba-p/1262890

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add, Homestream is not supported on Xperia, so you would need a PC/Laptop to stream instead.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Ah sorry, I missed that first part. Indeed the challenge is that natively the TV's don't support streaming subs, so you need to include the subtitles as part of the DLNA data stream from the DLNA server. I know that Homestream can do this ( as I commissioned it :thumbsup: ) and there may be other 3rd party pieces of software that can also do it, but it will be a software feature rather than something that is natively supported by the device if that makes sense..

profile.country.MK.title
darkod80
Explorer